Established in 2008, the NZ Sailing Trust ensures that key yachts from history including Lion and Steinlager2 are available for young New Zealanders to experience sailing and learn about New Zealand’s significant sailing history to ensure the future of New Zealand’s maritime industry.
NZ Sailing preserves the legacy of the sailing vessels of Sir Peter Blake and his teams to provide experiences for young New Zealanders that bring to life the values of leadership, courage and teamwork.
What we offer
– School programmes in an “Education Outside the Classroom” setting. We take school groups on adventurous day sails or multi day trips around the – Hauraki Gulf. Students are challenged to step out of comfort zones and extend themselves.
– Community Group youth development programmes working with disadvantaged youth groups.
– Corporate Charters for team building, leadership facilitation and client hosting opportunities
– Day cruises and overnight sailings for all New Zealanders
– Environmental trips to explore the Gulf and how we can contribute to improving and maintaining the health of the Gulf ecosystem
NZ Sailing Trust hosts many events and sailing trips for groups. Click here to learn more about NZ Sailing Trust’s charters
Get up close to the action with a hands-on sailing adventure on board renowned yachts Steinlager2 and Lion NZ. Explore the Hauraki Gulf with friends, clients or work teams in an unforgettable experience with great team building and leadership learning opportunities. Email email@example.com for bookings.
Booking a charter with the NZ Sailing Trust assist the Trust’s youth programmes with proceeds from the charter being re-invested back into the youth development programme.